homeelementarymiddle schoolhigh school
district banner
central officeschool boardcafeteriacalendar


SIS Parent Portal

sisThe Forsyth R-III School District is committed to improving communication between the school, parents, and students. The best way we do that is through utilizing the Student Information System (SIS) parent portal.

To use the system, parents will need to download and fill out this form. The completed, signed form can be sent with your child to their school's office or faxed to the appropriate school office.

If you are a parent needing a username and/or password, contact the building where you have a child. The system will then automatically email you a random password. If you have forgotten your password or continue to have problems accessing the SIS parent portal, please feel free to email us and explain the problems in detail. Below are links for each:

Middle School
High School

If you have specific questions regarding grades or column designations, please contact your child's teacher via email.

SIS Parent Portal

The State of Missouri now requires all students to receive one dose of the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) and one dose of the MCV (meningitis) vaccine before entering the 8th grade, and all 11th grade students to receive the MCV (meningitis) vaccination before entering the 12th grade. If your student received a MCV vaccine prior to their 16th birthday, the state requires two doses.

 The State of Missouri does not allow either “In Progress” forms or future appointments for the Tdap or MCV immunizations. Your child will not be allowed to attend the 8th grade or 12th grade until proof of the required vaccine(s) have been provided to the school nurse. Please provide documentation of your child’s immunization to the nurse’s office by August 1, 2017 so your student will not be excluded from school.

If you have any questions please call the school nurse at 417-546-2735.


The Forsyth R-III School District accepts online payments for student lunch accounts. In order to pay, you must be signed up for the Parent Portal and you must have a Paypal account. There will be a small service charge for this service, which are dependent upon the amount paid. The service charge will be shown when you apply a deposit.

Online Payment Instructions

  1. Login to Parent Portal
  2. Click on the Meals tab
  3. Select Online Payment
  4. Enter amount in Deposit Amount Box
  5. Click Proceed to Verification


Standard Complaint Resolution Procedure For No Child Left Behind Programs

This complaint resolution procedure applies to all programs administered by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).

A complaint is a formal allegation that a specific federal or state law or regulation has been violated, misapplied, or misinterpreted by school district personnel or by Department of Education personnel.

Any parent or guardian, surrogate parent, teacher, administrator, school board member or any other person directly involved with an activity, program, or project operated under the general supervision of the Department may file a complaint.  Such a complaint must be in writing and signed; it will provide specific details of the situation and indicate the law or regulation that is allegedly being violated, misapplied, or misinterpreted.
The written, signed complaint must be filed and the resolution pursued in accordance with local district policy:   
If a complaint has been made and appealed in accordance with administrative procedures, the parent/guardian or member of the public may appeal the issue to the Board by submitting a written request to the superintendent or the secretary of the Board.  The Board will address the complaint in an appropriate and timely manner.

If the issue cannot be resolved at the local level, the complainant may file a complaint with the Missouri Department of Education.  If there is not evidence that the parties have attempted in good faith to resolve the complaint at the local level, the Department may require the parties to do so and may provide technical assistance to facilitate such resolution.

Any persons directly affected by the actions of the Department may file a similarly written complaint if they believe state or federal laws or regulations have been violated, misapplied, or misinterpreted by the Department itself. Anyone wishing more information about this procedure or how complaints are resolved may contact local district or Department personnel.

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Parent/Student Rights in Identification,Evaluation and Placement

Please keep this explanation for future reference (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973).  The following is a description of the rights granted by federal law to students with disabilities.  The intent of the law is to keep you fully informed concerning decisions about your child and to inform you of your rights if you disagree with any of these decisions.  You have the right to:

  1. Have your child take part in, and receive benefits from public education programs without discrimination because of his/her disability;
  2. Have the school district advise you of your rights under federal law;
  3. Receive notice with respect to identification, evaluation, or placement of your child;
  4. Have your child receive a free appropriate public education.  This includes the right to be educated with non-disabled students to the maximum extent appropriate.  It also includes the
  5. right to have the school district make reasonable accommodations to allow your child an equal opportunity to participate in school and school-related activities;
  6. Have your child educated in facilities and receive services comparable to those provided non-disabled students;
  7. Have your child receive special education and related services if he/she is found to be eligible under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (PL94-142) IDEA or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act;
  8. Have evaluations, educational, and placement decisions made based upon a variety of information sources, and by persons who know the student, the evaluation data, and placement options;
  9. Have transportation provided to and from an alternative placement setting at not greater cost to you than would be incurred if the student were placed in a program operated by the district;
  10. Have your child be given an equal opportunity to participate in non-academic and extracurricular activities offered by the district;
  11. Examine all relevant records relating to decisions regarding your child’s identification, evaluation, educational program, and placement;
  12. Obtain copies of educational records at a reasonable cost unless the fee would effectively deny you access to the records;
  13. A response from the school district to reasonable requests for explanations and interpretations of your child’s records;
  14. Request amendment of your child’s educational records if there is a reasonable cause to believe that they are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the privacy rights of your child.
  15.   If the school district refuses this request for amendment, it shall notify you within a reasonable time, and advise you of the right to a hearing;
  16. Request an impartial due process hearing related to decisions or actions regarding your child’s identification, evaluation, educational program, or placement.  You and the student may take part in the hearing and have an attorney present for you;
  17. Ask for payment of reasonable attorney fees if you are successful on your claim; and
  18. File a local grievance.

(Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act statute and regulations: 29 U.S.C. 706(7), Section 794; 34 C.F.R. Part 104, the Individuals with Disabilities Act statute and regulations: 20 U.S.C. Section 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)

The person in this district who is responsible for assuring that the district complies with Section 504 is Dr. Grant Boyer, 417.546.6384.

Board Policy KL: Public Concerns and Complaints




Parents Right-to-Know 

If your child attends a building that receives Federal funds, parents have the right to request information concerning the qualifications of his or her child’s teacher.  

The teachers’ qualifications information may include the following:

 • Whether the teacher has met state certification criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher is providing instruction

• The baccalaureate degree major and any other graduate degree or certification, including field of discipline, the teacher holds

• Whether their child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications In addition to the above information that parents may request, a building that receives Title I funds must provide to each individual parent:

• Information on their child’s achievement level in each of the state academic assessments

• notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught, for four or more consecutive

weeks by a substitute teacher or a person who is not appropriately certified.

The notices and information provided to parents must be in a format and language that is easily

understood by all parents.

Title I

  • SES
  • NCLB
  • School Choice
  • Parent Involvment



For the board policy on student fundraising, please review the board policies here.

SIS Parent Portal